Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about SWAT MOCK EXAM. If you have any further enquiries, please contact us.
About SWAT MOCK EXAM
What is SWAT MOCK EXAM?
The SWAT MOCK EXAM is a mock examination experience. It occurs annually and is aimed at providing Years 3, 4 and 5 students intending to sit the Opportunity Class (OC) Placement Test, Selective School Placement Test and Scholarship exams to have a mock exam experience. Thousands of students have sat the SWAT exam.
For Year 3 and 4 students, SWAT MOCK EXAM follows the format of the OC Placement Test, testing in Reading, Mathematical Reasoning and Thinking Skills.
For Year 5 students, SWAT MOCK EXAM consists of four papers in Reading, Mathematical Reasoning, Thinking Skills and Writing.
Students can sit SWAT MOCK EXAM at our premises or at home online (SWAT@home).
When will SWAT MOCK EXAM be held?
Saturday 6 July 2024 at selected North Shore Coaching College campuses and online.
What time does SWAT MOCK EXAM start?
The SWAT MOCK EXAM for Year 3 and Year 4 will start at 9:45am and will finish at 12pm.
The SWAT MOCK EXAM for Year 5 will start at 1pm and will finish at 4:30pm.
When is the last day to register for SWAT MOCK EXAM?
SWAT MOCK EXAM registrations will close at 1 week prior to the event date at 11:55pm AEST, or earlier if capacity is filled i.e. Allocation Exhausted.
How can I register for SWAT MOCK EXAM?
SWAT MOCK EXAM registrations are online only through our website www.swatexam.com.au and on a first come first serve basis. You can contact our Head Office on 02 9415 1860 should you require assistance in registering for SWAT MOCK EXAM online.
How much is SWAT MOCK EXAM?
The SWAT MOCK EXAM registration fee is charged per student. We do not charge any additional fees and/or credit card payment surcharges.
SWAT MOCK EXAM is the most affordable ‘big exam experience’ for primary school students currently available.
What is included in the SWAT MOCK EXAM registration fee?
The SWAT MOCK EXAM registration fee per student includes:
- For Year 3 and 4 students: full-length OC paper.
- For Year 5 students: full-length Selective Placement Test format which consists of three 40-minute multiple-choice tests in Reading, Mathematical Reasoning and Thinking Skills and a 30-minute writing test.
- Exam supervision.
- Goods and Services Tax.
- All credit card payment fees and surcharges.
- A digital report that is emailed to parents 2 weeks after the SWAT MOCK EXAM.
- A chance to gain a scholarship to study at North Shore Coaching College (‘Young Achiever’ and ‘High Achiever’ courses). There are up to 60 scholarships on offer. Selection is based on the top performing students in SWAT MOCK EXAM across Years 3, 4 and 5.
What is your refund policy?
The SWAT MOCK EXAM e-ticket is non-refundable.
Can I transfer my child from one SWAT MOCK EXAM venue to another?
The SWAT MOCK EXAM e-ticket is non-transferable.
Why should my child sit SWAT MOCK EXAM?
Practising sitting an examination reduces test anxiety and improves performance when it comes to the any external exam.
SWAT MOCK EXAM is the most affordable ‘big exam experience’ for Primary school students currently available. We also pride ourselves on creating expertly-developed academic content, with the SWAT MOCK EXAM papers following the expected format of the Selective High School Placement Test for Year 5 students and the OC Placement Test for Year 3 and Year 4 students.
SWAT MOCK EXAM provides parents with an assessment of students’ abilities in performance relative to other students, and possible performance in the actual Opportunity Class Placement Test/Selective High School Placement Test.
Is SWAT MOCK EXAM similar to the Selective High School Placement Test?
Yes. SWAT MOCK EXAM papers for Year 5 students follow the expected format of the Selective High School Placement Test. The exam experience will also help with Scholarship exam preparation.
Is SWAT MOCK EXAM similar to the OC School Placement Test?
Yes. SWAT MOCK EXAM papers for Year 3 and 4 students follow the expected format of the OC Placement Test, which includes testing in Reading, Mathematical Reasoning and Thinking Skills. The exam experience will also help with Selective High School Placement Test and Scholarship exams preparation by completing a mock exam.
How can my child prepare for SWAT MOCK EXAM?
- The OC, Selective and Scholarships tests (which SWAT MOCK EXAM is based on) are tests of ability rather than curriculum knowledge/performance.
- In preparation for these tests, you should focus on developing critical thinking, problem solving and active reading skills. Regular, spaced learning and practice exams are possible ways to improve your chances of success. North Shore Coaching College offers various term programs and booster progams providing just that!
- You can also purchase educational resources at the North Shore Shop, including our very own Practice Papers for Exam Preparation.
For more information, visit our For Students page.
Can my child register on the day of the SWAT MOCK EXAM?
What can my child bring on the day of the SWAT MOCK EXAM?
- For Year 3 and 4 students – 2 x HB or 2B pencils
- For Year 5 students – 2 x HB or 2B pencils
- A snack in a named zip-lock bag.
- A plastic (not glass) water bottle.
What items are prohibited on the day of the SWAT MOCK EXAM?
- Mobile phones or electronic devices (apart from the compatible device for students to sit the exam).
- Glass bottles.
- Calculators, paper, or other external aids.
- Students may wear a watch provided it does not have a calculator function and does not make noise throughout the examination.
When should we get to the venue?
Please arrive approximately 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. You will receive detailed information via email after successfully purchasing your SWAT MOCK EXAM e-ticket online and closer to the event.
Is there a break?
Yes, there will be breaks. However all students will remain inside the venue.
Can I sit with my child during the break?
No. Please drop off your child at the designated time which we will advise by email closer to the event.
Will I receive my child’s results?
Yes. A comprehensive individual SWAT MOCK EXAM report, which also details your child’s performance relative to other students, will be emailed to you up to 2 weeks after the SWAT MOCK EXAM examination date.
What do the scholarships offer?
Top performers in SWAT MOCK EXAM will be offered one of up to 60 scholarships to study at North Shore Coaching College. Scholarships vary in duration for one term to four terms. They can be used to enrol your child at any of our NSW campuses.
How many scholarships are available?
Up to 60 scholarships will be offered to students in Years 3-5, based on their performance in SWAT MOCK EXAM. Additional scholarships may be offered depending on student performance. We reserve the right to vary the number of scholarships offered due to circumstances beyond our control.
How are scholarships awarded?
Scholarships will be awarded to the students who receive the most outstanding results in SWAT MOCK EXAM in all three-year levels.
When will scholarships be announced?
We will contact parents with scholarship offers after results have been released (approximately up to 2 weeks after the SWAT MOCK EXAM).